Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
Before Charlie Wilson was a solo act, he was a member of The Gap Band, with his brothers Ronnie and Robert. Over the span of his career, he’s been nominated for 11 Grammy’s, won 2 NAACP Image awards, and has overcome his addictions to drugs and alcohol.
Although a soul artist, Charlie’s never discriminated against other genres and has worked with many of the greats such as Snoop Dogg, T.I., UGK, Nate Dogg, T-Pain, Jamie Foxx, and more.
Today at age 65, the Oklahoma native is living out his best days with his wife in Los Angeles, CA. Through all the adversity, Charlie never gave up, has been a beacon of hope for others, and has continued to give back—and that’s why we’re highlighting him for Black Music Month 2018.
What’s your favorite Charlie Wilson song? Comment below.
Relive the moment with these Top 5 Charlie Wilson videos below:
1. Charlie, Last Name, Wilson
2. There Goes My Baby
3. You Are
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
4. I’m Blessed
5. Can’t Live Without You
-Farlin Ave (@farlinave)
- Black Business Spotlight: Lisa & Jamaal Kelly of Vegan Treats, Meats & Eats
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- Checkmate: Far-Right Conservatives Use Kyrie Irving Like A Pawn In A Game Of Anti-Vaxxer Chess
- People Think The Judge In Kyle Rittenhouse’s Murder Trial Is Biased And Sympathetic To The Defense
- White Republican Wendy Rogers Accused Vernon Jones Of ‘Tap-Dancing.’ She’s Out Of Line…But She’s Right
- Howard Living Conditions Blamed On ‘Slumlordy’ Property Management Company As Dorms Placed In ‘Hypercare’
- Atlanta NAACP President Apologizes For Rebuking Mayor Candidate As Some Members Defend Him
- Charlottesville Civil Trial Attempts to Hold Planners Of White Supremacist ‘Unite The Right Rally’ Accountable Over Four Years Later
- Get Your First Look At Porsha Williams’ New Spinoff Series, ‘Porsha’s Family Matters’
- Keke Palmer Debuts Flat Top Haircut In Latest Instagram Pics
- Racial Justice Groups Demand Mark Zuckerberg’s Resignation After Facebook Papers Leak
- You Won’t Believe Ohio’s Favorite Halloween Candy?