A North Carolina woman shares her story, starting with the fact that her church pastor touched her when she was 10 years old. When she told her mom, she didn’t feel like her mom believed her. She moved in with her grandmother, and told her father about what happened. Her father, instead of protecting her, raped her. For years, she has been fending off the spirit and pattern that this sort of abuse cultivates- and not only for herself, but also for her nine year old daughter.
GRIFF explains how this kind of pain can settle in us and take root. Erica Campbell talks about breaking the spirit over her family and overcoming the temptation to normalize this abuse. When we go through experiences that are devastating and colossal, it is tempting to sink into our sorrows and believe we can do no better. But that is not true, Erica explains. God can and will restore the heart- as long as we let Him. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Mississippi Police Officer Charged With Murdering A 32-Year-Old Black Mother
- Trail Blazers Point Guard Damian Lillard Expected to Sign $191 Million Super Max
- JADA PINKETT SMITH LANDS NEW GIG: LEGAL DRAMA ‘MURDER TOWN’
- Meet Karli, The New ‘Sesame Street’ Muppet In Foster Care
- Three Handwritten Wills Found In Aretha Franklin’s Home
- Whitney Houston Hologram Tour Is Planned Along With New Album
- ‘LHHATLS8’ Recap: Spice Wants The Crew To Join Her In Trinidad
- Actor Jason Mitchell Reportedly Fired From “The Chi” Over Misconduct Allegations
- Cincinnati Named One of Worst Places in America for Blacks
- Blow The Whistle! Houston Rockets Confirm Their Twitter Account Was Suspended Due To Copyright Issues
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.Source: 1 of 1
Church Hurt: A Woman’s Urgent Fight Against The Pattern Of Abuse [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com