A North Carolina woman shares her story, starting with the fact that her church pastor touched her when she was 10 years old. When she told her mom, she didn’t feel like her mom believed her. She moved in with her grandmother, and told her father about what happened. Her father, instead of protecting her, raped her. For years, she has been fending off the spirit and pattern that this sort of abuse cultivates- and not only for herself, but also for her nine year old daughter.
GRIFF explains how this kind of pain can settle in us and take root. Erica Campbell talks about breaking the spirit over her family and overcoming the temptation to normalize this abuse. When we go through experiences that are devastating and colossal, it is tempting to sink into our sorrows and believe we can do no better. But that is not true, Erica explains. God can and will restore the heart- as long as we let Him. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kendrick Perkins Says LeBron James Wanted Carmelo Anthony on the Cavaliers, But Cavs Said No
- Police Investigate Possible Noose At Oakland Elementary School
- Dolphins Head Coach Challenged Wide Receiver Kenny Stills by Playing Jay-Z Songs Following His Criticism of His NFL Deal
- #FacebookLiveFriday With Lincoln Ware 8/23/19
- Cincinnati school superintendent and police chief to provide updates on security
- Saweetie Brings Us An ICY Collection Via Her Collaboration With Pretty Little Thing
- CNN’s Don Lemon says Trumps recent remarks ‘put us in danger’
- Rihanna Cosigns Storing Your Weed In Her Fenty Beauty Packaging
- Travis Scott Announces Documentary Project with Netflix
- Catholic priest stills money and spends it on himself and men he met on Grindr
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.Source: 1 of 1
Church Hurt: A Woman’s Urgent Fight Against The Pattern Of Abuse [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com