As summer comes to an end, it can be hard to get back into a regular schedule — for both kids and adults. Whether you’re a parent that’s dreading the back-to-school rush, or a babysitter or tutor struggling to help children rediscover homework success, we’ve got some tips for you.
- Set up weekly meetings to review your kids’ schedules for the week(s) ahead.
- Create a family calendar that tracks everyone’s activities and commitments.
- Refresh your rules about screen time for the school year. What’s allowed and when?
- Establish a set “Family Time,” whether it’s during dinner or before bed.
- Give kids a specific day to when they can choose all the activities you do together.
- Determine how long it takes them to do assignments to help with time management.
- Use an egg timer to get your kids used to focusing for specific periods of time.
- Teach your kids to prioritize their assignments by making to-do lists with deadlines.
- Give your kids a short break after each assignment they finish, such as a short walk.
CLICK HERE to read story
BACK TO SCHOOL TIPS FOR PARENTS was originally published on praisecleveland.com
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Ed Sheeran did not copy Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On”, jury rules
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to be Honored at Ohio Black Expo
He’s Back! Jamie Foxx Announces Return To TV With New Show
Where’s Don Juan Fasho Friday’s [VIDEO]
The Lincoln Ware Show
‘The Other H-U’: Kamala Harris Addresses HBCU Rivalry Between Howard And Hampton Universities
The ‘King Of Calypso’: A Tribute To Harry Belafonte