After the death of Osama Bin Laden at the hands of U.S. soldiers, it got us thinking of who are the worst terrorists of all-time. Take a look at the top 10 terrorists of all time.
10. The death toll was 800,000 in what many call Suharto’s 32 year reign of terror as President of Indonesia. What makes it even worse is that many say the killings in East Timor by Suharto were sanctioned by the U.S. as they supplied weapons. Almost everyone from Ford to Clinton has given Indonesia a hand. Ford and Kissinger meet with him and gave him permission to massacre East Timor with US Weapons.
Death Toll: 800,000
9. Benito Mussolini was the Founder of Italian Socialism. He was one of the strictest men alive. Everything had to be perfect and efficient even the trains. If the trains were even off by even a minute he would take that conductor who was late then gather all the others and execute him in front of everyone to make a point. It was a complete reign of terror.
Death Toll: 300,000
8. King Leopold The II of Belgium is responsible for close to 8 million murders of the indigenous people of the Congo. Leopold ran the Congo brutally, by proxy through a mercenary force, for his own personal gain. He extracted a personal fortune from the Congo, initially by the collection of ivory, and after a rise in the price of rubber in the 1890s by forcing the native population to collect sap from rubber plants. His harsh regime was directly or indirectly responsible for the death of millions of people.
Death Toll: 8,000,000
7. Genghis Khan was a 13th century ruler who founded an empire that included parts of China, Central Asia, the Middle East and Europe. After a childhood of violence and enslavement, Temujin became a powerful tribal chieftan. Over three decades he led a constant military campaign that ravaged vast areas and subjugated millions of people, earning him a reputation in the history books as a brutal monster. His successful military tactics included quick cavalry attacks and novel methods of siege warfare.
Death Toll: 2.5 million
6. Idi Amin Dada’s rule as President of Uganda for 8 years was characterized by human rights abuse, political repression, ethnic persecution, extrajudicial killings, nepotism, corruption, and gross economic mismanagement. The number of people killed as a result of his regime is estimated by international observers and human rights groups to range from 100,000 to 500,000. During his years in power, Amin was backed by Libya’s Muammar al-Gaddafi as well as the Soviet Union and East Germany.
Death Toll: 300,000
5. Sadaam Hussein was notable for terror against his own people through his rain as President of Irag from 1979-2003. He murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. Others have estimated 800,000 deaths caused by Saddam not counting the Iran-Iraq war. Estimates as to the number of Iraqis executed by Saddam’s regime vary from 300-500,000 to over 600,000, estimates as to the number of Kurds he massacred vary from 70,000 to 300,000, and estimates as to the number killed in the put-down of the 1991 rebellion vary from 60,000 to 200,000. Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.
Death Toll: 600,000
4. Approximately 20 million, including up to 14.5 million needlessly starved to death during Joseph Stalin’s reign as General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. At least one million executed for political “offences”. At least 9.5 million more deported, exiled or imprisoned in work camps, with many of the estimated five million sent to the ‘Gulag Archipelago’ never returning alive. Other estimates place the number of deported at 28 million, including 18 million sent to the ‘Gulag’.
Death Toll: 23,000,000
3. Osama Bin Laden was the founder of the jihadist organization al-Qaeda, responsible for the September 11 attacks on the United States and numerous other mass-casualty attacks against civilian and military targets. He was also a member of the wealthy Saudi bin Laden family. He was recently murdered by United States NAVY SEALs inside a compound.
Death Toll: 4,000
2. Chairman Mao is regarded by many as an influential leader, but during his reign nationwide political campaigns led by Mao, such as the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution, are blamed for millions of deaths, causing severe famine and damage to the culture, society and economy of China. Although China’s population almost doubled during the period of Mao’s leadership.
Death Toll: 60 million
1. Adolf Hitler’s reign of terror as the leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party is most remembered for his central leadership role in the rise of fascism in Europe, World War II and the Holocaust. He is responsible for 12 million deaths of Jews in concentration camps and civilians in WWII.
The actions of Hitler, the Nazi Party and the results of Nazism are typically regarded as gravely immoral. Historians, philosophers, and politicians have often applied the word evil. Historical and cultural portrayals of Hitler in the west are overwhelmingly condemnatory. Holocaust denial, along with the display of Nazi symbols such as swastikas, is prohibited in Germany and Austria.
Death Toll: 23 Million
Link: How The CIA Helped Create Osama Bin Laden
Link: Bin Laden Is Dead, But Now What?
Link: The Death Of Bin Laden: “Forget Obama, Forget 2012!”
Link: America, United And Divided In Celebration
The Top 10 Terrorists Of All Time was originally published on newsone.com
News: Woman Fatally Shoots Husband on FACEBOOK LIVE
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Radio One Cincinnati & The Hollywood Casino Indiana Celebrates Lincoln Wares 50th Radioversary
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Here’s What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
White Artists We Could Have Sworn Were Black