Five Ways to Share the Rhythm with Your Community
Connecting – and maintaining a connection – with your community is important. It can be viewed in many ways, including renewing the relationship with yourself so you can be of service to others, the blending of generations to foster empowerment and inspiration, and/or celebrating what makes us diverse and unique.
Over the summer, Cincinnati’s own P&G and The Kroger Co. partnered to encourage the community to Share The Rhythm during the 2015 Cincinnati Music Festival. As summer comes to a close, you can continue sharing your rhythm with your community throughout the fall and winter months. Here are few tips to follow:
- Support Local Organizations: Support local organizations in your area, like Cincinnati’s own Elementz, of which P&G sponsors. Elementz is an urban oasis of hope and a catalyst of change for Cincinnati’s inner-city youth. Since 2001, the organization has transformed into a thriving Urban Arts Center that fosters talent, ignites potential and inspires possibilities and brighter futures. For more information about the Elementz organization, visit elementz.org.
- Host A Clothing Drive: Donate your old work clothes and accessories to organizations that specialize in offering affordable wardrobe options to people in need.
- Bring Hope To The Table: The Kroger Family of Stores is committed to helping families put fresh, wholesome food on their tables every day. As food banks are struggling to meet this unprecedented need – your help is needed. Make a donation, write a letter or hold a food drive.
Visit http://www.kroger.com to learn more about the hunger that communities face and to find a local food bank that helps feed hungry children and families where you live.
- Visit the Homebound: One of the most meaningful things you can do for someone who is homebound is to share quality time together. Keep them from feeling isolated by going for a visit, bringing over a meal to share or playing their favorite game or activity with them.
- Mentorship: A mentor can play an important role in the life of a young person. Become a mentor and empower the next generation with 1:1 support. There are numerous organizations available online that will match you to a youth in need of guidance regarding day-to-day living, education and career.
Show us how you plan to Share The Rhythm with your community on Twitter by using the hashtag #sharetherhythm.