About The Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS®
The Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS® strives to promote and develop a continued pride and interest in the home ownership process, paying special attention to fair housing issues, by partnering with interested community councils, community organizations and special interest groups within our jurisdiction. Since its inception in 1888, the Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS® has become the largest professional trade association in the area.
About The Cincinnati Area Board Of REALTORS® First Time Homebuyer’s Fair at the 2014 Women’s Empowerment Expo.
We consider home ownership to be the heartbeat of the American Dream and education as the pathway.
The Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS® will have certified counseling staff and professionals in the field facilitate free first time home ownership programs and classes to help you achieve your dream of home ownership.
Are you just starting to think about buying a home? Do you know where you really stand financially? Come to our event and review your credit report and learn about correcting errors, also how to manage current and future debt, and develop a budget and tracking system to maintain good financial health. Information on savings, investments, and building equity also covered.
Are you shopping for the home of your dreams or maybe have found it and are ready to make an offer? We will provide information on what the lender is looking for when applying for a loan and the responsibilities of the REALTORS® , home inspector, insurance agent, and closing officer.
Requirements for the 2014 Down Payment Assistance
No income limit or requirements.
$1,000 down payment grant (it is not a loan and is not secured by the property); no repayment is expected or implied.
Use of Funds:
Housing grant must be used as a down payment and will be dispersed at the closing.
1-4 units residential, owner-occupied. Property must be located in Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, or Warren County
All of the following requirements must be met to be eligible:
- Buyer must have attended and registered at the Women’s Empowerment Conference Home Buyer Expo on September 27, 2014 at the Cintas Center.
- Buyer must present requirements page to their REALTORS®.
- Buyer must be a first-time home buyer (have not owned a home in the previous three years).
- Buyer must complete home buyer education provided by the Home Ownership Center (HOC) of Greater Cincinnati prior to closing.
- Loan documents must be reviewed and approved by HOC loan officerprior to closing.
- Have a CABR REALTORS® member submit a signed purchase contract with reference to this program.
- Buyer must close on property prior to 12/31/2015
To apply for the program:
A copy of your home purchase contract must be presented to the Home Ownership Center of Greater Cincinnati.
Please call 513-961-2800 for instructions on submitting a contract.
Grants will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding is limited and the program will end upon depletion of funds.
For more information, please call the Home Ownership Center of Greater Cincinnati at 513-961-2800.