The Super Bowl is one of the most beloved and hyped up sports events in the world. Football fanatic or not, folks tend to get caught up in all of the hoopla. Here are ten fun facts you may not have known about the Super Bowl!
1) Gotta love chicken wings! This year, the National Chicken Council predicts that folks will chow down on 1.25 billion of these finger food delights–20 million more than last year–as they sit glued to their sets watching this year’s Super Bowl XLVIII, featuring the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks.
2) According to Nielsen, nine out of ten Super Bowl fans prefer to stay put in their very own homes rather than venture out; 17 percent will watch the game at a relative or friend’s residence; 3 percent will get their game groove on at a bar or restaurant, while 15 percent will be tuning into the event via their smartphones.
3) Beer stays steady in the number one spot as the most preferred beverage to chug during the game, followed by soda and carbonated water. Here’s an interesting fact: according to Nielsen, the percentage of consumers who said they were drinking or serving beer fell to 30 percent from 35 percent a year ago.
4) Domino’s Pizza expects a huge payday this Sunday during the games, as they expect to dish out 11 million slices of pizza to ravenous fans!
5) Roman numerals are used in the Super Bowl because the football season falls in two calendar years.
6) Every year, there are 72 footballs used for the Super Bowl. There are more than 700,000 footballs purchased for the NFL each year.
7) According to the Hass Avocado Board, over Super Bowl weekend, approximately 100 million pounds of guacamole will be eaten. When dipping in the potassium rich concoction, approximately 14,500 tons of chips are chomped on.
8) The Super Bowl is a feast for sore eyes for many revelers. The event is the second highest day of food consumption after Thanksgiving.
9) There are more folks who’d rather miss a major life event like the birth of a child, funeral of a loved one, important work function, or the wedding of a close relative or friend than to miss the Super Bowl, according to Coupon Cabin.
10) The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17.
10 Fun Facts About The Super Bowl was originally published on newsone.com
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Ed Sheeran did not copy Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On”, jury rules
The ‘King Of Calypso’: A Tribute To Harry Belafonte
Billy Porter Fires Back At Critics Questioning His Role As James Baldwin In Biopic
Cincinnati: A 21 Year Old Killed On I-75 In Car Crash
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to be Honored at Ohio Black Expo
He’s Back! Jamie Foxx Announces Return To TV With New Show
Sybil Wilkes ‘What You Need To Know’ Texas GOP Bill Laser-Focused — Appreciate Teachers Salaries — Forced To Play Cotton Picking Game