Carrie Ann Billups’ neglect of her 4-year-old son (and cocaine supply) resulted in a five-year prison sentence for child abuse, Monday (July 30). The Chesapeake, Va. mother will actually spend roughly 12 months behind bars, because four years of her sentence was suspended.
Billups, 26, pleaded guilty to a single felony child abuse charge in April, and also received credit for five months of time served.
At her sentencing, Chesapeake Circuit Court Judge Marjorie Arrington blamed the incident on Billups’ careless mothering. “I don’t think a 4-year-old would know how to snort cocaine unless he’s seen it done somewhere,” Arrington scolded. “The court is concerned about what’s going to happen to this child when you are release if you continue to use cocaine.”
Deputy Public Defender A. Robinson Winn represented the mom, and was said to be content with the court ruling.
Police arrested Billups last November, days after her young son got his nose into a $10 cocaine stash hidden under a bedroom lamp. She woke up the next morning and found the boy snorting the drug, but didn’t take him to the hospital for fear of legal trouble.
The child eventually started vomiting, and was treated at Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughter. A unrine test revealed the presence of the drug in his system. He was released the next day.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Unmarried And Single In America By The Numbers
- Detroit Father Of 24 Children Found Dead In Building
- N.C. Sterilization Victims To Receive $10 Million In Compensation
- Toronto Police Officers Shoot & Kill 18 Year Old Carrying A Knife On A Streetcar (Tazed & Shot 9 Times)
- Detroit Pigs Popped For Robbing People At Gun Point On Tape! [Video]
- New Evidence Suggests White Mom Sherry West Lied About Black Boys Allegedly Killing Infant Son!
- Sanford, FL PD Snatch Innocent Black Man Out Of His Car At Gunpoint
Lincoln Ware Rewind: Thanks to the Grammys I Now Know What WAP Is
Ohio Issue 2: Recreational Marijuana Officially On November Ballot
The Silent Strain: How Chronic Stress Impacts Black People’s Health
Foodie Friday’s: Braxton Brewing Co.
"Get Started" at Cincinnati State
Donald Trump Suggests He’s Like Nelson Mandela Trying To Save ‘Democracy’
Kelce Brothers Praise Cleveland Heights Teachers In Hilarious Clip!
Hakeem Jeffries Nominated For House Speaker As Jim Jordan Ripped To ‘Insurrection Inciter’ MAGA Shreds