A remorseless two-time killer got 25 years to life in prison Tuesday for savagely beating his 76-year-old grandmother and stuffing her in a closet before having sex with a prostitute for two days on the dead woman’s bed.
Sicko Larry Davis, 24, whined that he had an unfair trial, but showed no sympathy for Cora Davis, whom he choked and beat to death in her Harlem apartment in March 2011.
After the heartless killing, he “proceeded to mourn her death by picking up a hooker, having sex in the grandmother’s bed for the next two days,” Assistant District Attorney Matthew Bogdanos said.
The prosecutors said Davis deserves worse, but cannot get more than the statutory maximum of 25 years to life.
“It’s not enough, but it’s all we can do,” he said.
Cora Davis’ nephew Raymond Dunlap, who testified at the trial, said no one in the family feels bad for the grandson. He had also been convicted of strangling his transgendered lover in 2010 and stashing him under a mattress.
“Our family loved (Cora Davis) — we’re glad with the verdict,” Dunlap said, adding they now have “closure.”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
Davis’ defense attorney, Bryan Konoski, said his client has a host of psychiatric conditions, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder that contributed to his violent, erratic behavior.
He has been accused of nine assaults in jail, against inmates and on guards, and sliced another inmate with a homemade shank.
- Florida Gators’ Antonio Morrison Arrested For Barking At Police Dog?
- Rep. John Lewis Promotes New Civil Rights Graphic Novel At Comic-Con
- Cornel West: President Obama Is A Global George Zimmerman [VIDEO]
- Self Defense? 23-Year-Old Woman Shoots & Kills A Man With A Rifle At Gas Station!
- George Zimmerman Emerges To Rescue Family Trapped In SUV?
- Governor Kasich Provides Money for MLK Interchange Construction
- Nearly 30 People in Running for Police Chief Position