David Jones Jr. said he was excited to see a new Bible sitting on his front porch Monday morning. Then he looked inside and found what he describes as a “racial slur toward blacks,” written on the inside cover.
A total of 16 black residents along North Mulberry and Springmill Streets and Vale Avenue received the marred Bibles on Sunday, according to the Mansfield Police Department.
“At first I said good, because I can use another Bible, but when I opened it to see who it came from it just had a nasty statement in there,” Jones said. “I thought someone was saying it to me, but then I saw it on other porches, so I called police.”
To read more on this story head to Bossip.com
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Top 5 Gospel Songs 2013
- Minute Meditation: Prayer To Be Better Person
- Mom Struggles To Help 400-Pound, 11-Year-Old Daughter Lose Weight
- Black Florida Family Comes Home To KKK Flier On Doorstep
- Victory: Kiera Wilmot Will Not Be Prosecuted For Exploding Science Experiment!
- Video of Texas Student Yelling at History Teacher Goes Viral
- Springfield Twp. Woman Accused of Trapping Daughter in Burning Home