After a very controversial execution, Troy Davis has been laid to rest on Saturday (October 1st) in Savannah, GA at Jonesville Baptist Church. Over 1,000 attended his funeral, and there his death is still felt to be unjustified by many.
Among the attendees were NAACP National President Ben Jealous, comedian and activist Dick Gregory and Gospel artist Deitrick Haddon. Find out more about Troy Davis and his funeral at BlackAmericaWeb.com.
- A Look Back at the Circle City Classic
- Pat Buchanan: Black Voters Bought Liberal Propaganda On Plantation
- 700 Arrested In Brookyln Bridge “Occupy Wall St.” Protest
- NBA Players Struggle To Find Work During Lockout
- Solid Rock Church Pastor Dies After Stroke