(via Entertainment Weekly) Diversity has come to Metropolis! In a surprising but exceptional act of color blind casting, actor Laurence Fishburne has been tapped to play The Daily Planet’s editor-in-chief Perry White in the upcoming Superman reboot Man of Steel. Fishburne’s character will crack the whip when it comes his two star reporters, Lois Lane and Clark Kent. The talented thespian recently wrapped up his run on “CSI” and copped an Emmy nod last month for his role as Thurgood Marshall in the HBO special “Thurgood.”
Man of Steel stars British import Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, and Henry Lennix as General Swanwick. The film is being directed by Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) with a script written by David Goyer (Batman Begins), and produced by Christopher Nolan. Man of Steel is slated for a June 2013 release.
- Juan Williams : We Need Honest Debate
- Will & Jada’s Malibu Mansion Featured In Architectural Digest
- Akon Defends Obama Against Lupe Fiasco “Terrorist” Comments
- Ex-NBA Player Rafer Alston Sued For Hitting Man With Bottle At Strip Club
- You Know You’re From Cincinnati, Ohio If…