Legendary British pop/soul singer George Michael is among the many celebrities reacting to the big news that Rupert Murdoch’s News International has announced plans to shut down the British newspaper “News of the World” this week.
The newspaper has been frequently accused of eavesdropping on the private phone conversations of murder victims, politicians and even entertainers including the one and only George Michael.
Just last year, the “News of the World” took advantage of a lead on Michael’s DUI arrest. How did they accomplish such an undertaking in order to break the story? Someone from inside the camp hacked his phone.
George Michael is beyond thankful that the publication will shut its doors soon, but do you think the same situation could easily be found in operation elsewhere? Share your thoughts below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and comment.
For more on George Michael’s statements and the latest on the closing of the publication, visit the links below.
- Bill Clinton Likens GOP Efforts On Voter ID’s To Jim Crow Laws
- Phife Dawg Dishes On Struggles With Q-Tip, Diabetes In Tribe Movie
- Gun-Running Private School Student Pleads Guilty In Court
- Black People Strongly Support Drug Tests For Welfare Recipients
- Cast Members Say Farewell to the Hit “Harry Potter” Series