Lamar Odom is pulling out the big guns for his DUI case.
According to TMZ, the NBA star hired OJ Simpson’s lawyer Robert Shapiro to represent him after his recent, highly-publicized arrest for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
Sources say Shapiro is best known for plea bargaining. “These cases are pretty standard — he’ll probably plead no contest to one count of DUI and get probation. He’ll also be required to attend an alcohol ed class,” TMZ reports. ” And, since he refused to submit to a blood-alcohol test, he’ll automatically get his driver’s license yanked for one year. No getting around that.”
We suspect this whole deal was set up with the help of Kardashian momager Kris Jenner. She’s close friends with Shapiro, who worked with her ex-husband Robert Kardashian during Simpson’s murder trial in 1994.
Despite all of the controversy, Lamar ‘s wife Khloé Kardashian is keeping her head held high. “As much as I wish I were made of steel… I’m not,” she tweeted. “I’m pretty damn close to it though hehe.”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Legally Blind Man Sues N.Y.C. For Stop And Frisk Post-Federal Ruling
- Lisa Leslie Remembers Becoming The First Woman To Dunk In The NBA
- Cedric The Entertainer Lands ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” Hosting Gig
- Are You Addicted To Crack Cocaine?: Lamar Odom Hounded At Taco Bell
- Oprah Tackles Fatherlessness Before MegaFest Crowd With TD Jakes
- O’Reilly Apologizes For False Claim That GOP Speakers Not Invited To March On Washington [VIDEO]
- She’s At It Again! Tameka Raymond Hires New Legal Team For Ongoing Child Custody Battle With Usher