By the seventh grade, WNBA great Lisa Leslie was 6’1”. The high school sophomore wore a size 12 shoe but instead of hiding behind her abnormal measurements, she embraced them on the court and turned the figures into basketball royalty! Lisa Leslie went on to be on of the greatest female basketball players of all time.
Leslie was featured on AOL Makers, where she remembers how she discovered her ability to dunk, how she overcame the challenges of competing in a male dominated sport and how she brought women’s basketball to the forefront.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Joe Walsh: Former U.S. Rep Publishes Racist ‘I Have A Dream’ Rant
- Zimmerman’s Wife: George Has ‘Beaten Down My Self-Esteem’
- Rand Paul Compares EBT And Health Care To Slavery
- Father Arrested for Allowing Toddler to Shoot Herself in Leg
- Lawsuit: Black Fireman Fired for Hiring Another Black Fireman
- Miley Cyrus Does NOT Want To Be Black, Why Would She?
- Watch President Obama Speak At The March On Washington LIVE NOW!