Popular televangelist Juanita Bynum was arrested and spent the night in jail on a warrant charging that she failed to appear in court for a civil proceeding against her, reports DallasNews.com.
She spent the night in the Lew Sterrett Justice Center and was released after appearing in court the next day.
Dallas News has more:
[There was] a 2007 judgment ordering her to pay $140,000 to ALW Entertainment.
She has yet to pay the money to promoter Al Wash’s company, his attorney said, though they are hopeful that the case may finally be resolved. Wash sued Bynum for failing to perform in a play for which he had paid her.
“She has disclosed the whereabouts of her assets and her business dealings,” entertainment attorney David Small said.
As previously reported by NewsOne.com, the “No More Sheets” author made headlines when her then-husband, Bishop Thomas Weeks III, kicked, choked and stomped her in a hotel parking lot. Though Weeks tried to flip the beating around, stating that Bynum attacked him, he eventually pleaded guilty to a single count of aggravated assault.
He was ordered to complete 200 hours of community service and agree to violence and anger counseling. The couple had been married for five years before they divorced in 2008.
Bynum also made waves when she appeared on Atlanta’s V-103 “Frank & Wanda in the Morning” and admitted, “I’ve been there and I’ve done it all. I did the drugs, I’ve been with men, I’ve been with women. All of it.”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Westwood Shooting Leaves One Dead
- Police Look For Suspects in West Price Hill Home Invasion
- New Security Measures Set For Flying Pig Marathon
- Multiple Explosive Devices Explode At Michigan Middle, High Schools [VIDEO]
- CAPTURED: First Images Of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Lincoln Ware Leads Rally Downtown In Support Of Judge Hunter
- Queens Girls Engage In Violent Fight Captured On Smartphones