The History Channel released a statement in response to the hubbub surrounding the casting of Satan in its miniseries “The Bible.”
As reported, social media blew up during Sunday’s episode with folks believing that the actor, Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, was cast in the evil role because he resembles President Obama.
In an email to EURweb, the network and “The Bible’s” husband and wife producing team Mark Burnett and Roma Downey say they have respect for the president, and any comparison between Obama and the character is “utter nonsense” and a “foolish distraction.”
The network states:
“HISTORY channel has the highest respect for President Obama. The series was produced with an international and diverse cast of respected actors. It’s unfortunate that anyone made this false connection. HISTORY’s ‘The Bible’ is meant to enlighten people on its rich stories and deep history.”
From “The Bible” Executive Producers, Mark Burnett & Roma Downey:
“This is utter nonsense. The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouzaani, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics– including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President.”
Executive Producer, Roma Downey added, “Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love our President, who is a fellow Christian. False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of The Bible.”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Local Sequestration Protest Scheduled for Today
- Spanish-Manufactured Streetcar On its Way to Cincinnati
- Opponents of City Parking Lease Deal Gaining Large Support
- CELEBRITY BUZZ: Oprah Responds To Terrence Howard, Beyonce Cheats, & More
- Rush Limbaugh To RNC: Republicans Aren’t Narrow Minded
- Principal Of Slain Brooklyn Teen Pens Heartfelt Letter: ‘We Miss Kimani’ [VIDEO]
- Apartment Boom Continues Downtown