West Palm Beach police say a man was trying to rob the St. Paul AME Church on Haverhill Road and hit the pastor over the head.The pastor of a suburban West Palm Beach church was hospitalized after being assaulted during a robbery Sunday morning.
Rev. Charles Scott, pastor of St. Paul AME Church at 3345 Haverhill Road, was changing in an office behind the church when he was struck in the head by a man. Scott fought back and was able to flee on foot, said Teri Barbera, spokeswoman for Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
There were no other witnesses to the robbery and since the suspect was wearing a mask during the attack, no one could positively identify the perpetrator. However deputies were able to recover DNA evidence from the scene, Barbera said
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Cincinnati Presents: All Sports Everything 100fm Radio THE FAN!
- Farrakhan: I’m Grateful To ‘Brilliant’ Tyler Perry For Creating ‘Madea’ [VIDEO]
- Marijuana Vending Machines Heading to Washington & Colorado?
- On GOP Selfishness, Gov. Christie Is The Pot To Their Kettle
- America’s Oldest Living Citizen Dies At 114
- ESPN Columnist Hit With Racist Hate Mail From Listener
- Slaves For Sale: “Django Unchained” Action Figures Released