According to a new study published by Wake Forest University School of Medicine, scientists discovered that two out of every five Black women or 40 percent avoid exercise because of hairdo worries, reports Medscape News Today.
Black women’s attitudes about their hair just adds to a growing concern about the lack of healthful fitness habits from a population that has the highest rates of being overweight and obese compared to other groups in the United States. Government estimates state that 4 in 5 African-American women are overweight or obese.
“As an African-American woman, I have that problem, and my friends have that problem. So I wondered if my patients had that problem,” said Dr. Amy McMichael, the study’s senior researcher and a dermatologist at the university.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Mom Makes Son Hold Sign As Punishment For Cursing At Teacher
- Michelle Obama Portrayed As Transgendered Woman On Magazine Cover
- Adam Lanza’s Mother Warned His Former Babysitter: “Don’t Turn Your Back On Him”
- Negotiation Update: President Obama Bends On Taxes To Avoid Fiscal Cliff
- Books Worthy Of Gift Giving!
- WTF! Instagram Can Now Sell Your Photos Without Your Permission!
- SMH! New Black Senator Brings Same White Conservative Ideology
Originally seen on http://newsone.com/feed/