Most people believe that the gang culture in Oakland, California is only on the streets. We are slowly finding out that it’s also prevalent in the school system — and the administration is the ring leader. Due to the disparities in discipline of White and Black students in the Oakland Unified School District, the U.S. Department of Education will send federal officials to monitor the district’s rate of out of school suspensions for Black students. READ MORE!
- How You Can Help Oklahoma
- Nearly 60 North Carolinians Arrested In Growing Protests
- Glenn Beck: Tea Party Would Have Been Lynched For Marching With MLK
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion
- Chicago School Board Votes To Close Up To 50 Schools
- Governor Kasich Signs Statewide Internet Cafe Ban Into Law