Police officers in Prince George’s County, Maryland, are infamous for abusing their power when apprehending subjects.
MUST READ: 20 Tips For Saving Money
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Officer Taylor and his partners surveilled Dorm and others entering the store and profiled the group as potential robbers. Dorm, who has had brushes with the law in the past, did not commit a crime and told authorities he walked away to avoid any issues.
PG County police officials eventually discovered that Officer Taylor lied about what took place and charged him accordingly, but kept the details mostly in-house. All charges against Dorm were dropped, but his attorney is angered by the racial profiling that led to the unfortunate exchange. “He [Officer Taylor] played on the community’s stereotypes that this young, Black person was a menace,” said attorney Jim Bell to local ABC news station WJLA. “Imagine if that was your son or your daughter.”
Even with solid evidence mounting against him, Taylor has boldly vowed to fight the second-degree assault and misconduct charges against him.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Wrongfully Accused Athlete Nominated For Courage In Sports Award
- Seatbelt Traffic Ticket Spurs Woman To Lose 200 Pounds!
- Vice President Biden To Visit Cincinnati Sunday
- Ohio Peace Officer Commission: Chief Craig MUST Take Test
- Watch President Obama’s Entire Speech At The DNC
- FALL 2012: 5 Reality TV Shows Worth Tuning In To! [VIDEO]
- Ohio Sheriff’s Deputy Caught On Camera Beating Inmate
Originally seen on http://newsone.com/feed/