(Metro Networks) Hundreds gathered in front of the White House, chanting USA-USA in celebration of the news that Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is dead. President Obama’s announcement just after 11:30 last night, led to a jubilant crowd spontaneously coming together at Lafayette Park across from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, and they were joined by a heavy police presence. Along with chanting, the crowd danced in the streets, while remaining peaceful in their jubilation.
- Obama’s Statement on Death of Osama bin Laden
- Does Killing Osama Mean The End Of Al Qaeda?
- Osama Bin Laden Is Dead
- Who Really Deserves the Credit for Osama Bin Laden’s Death?
- Dionne Warwick Sues Broadway Show
- Should I Feel Guilty About Celebrating Bin Laden’s Death?
- Actress Paula Patton Celebrates Motherhood
- Five Reasons The GOP Should Concede 2012 Now
- Maine Mosque Vandalized: “Osama Today, Islam Tomorrow”